Iowa Corps of Engineers Lake Facts:
- Rathbun Lake is the only Iowa Corps Resevior that does not receive waste water effluent discharge from Iowa's major metro areas.
- Rathbun Lake is below expected sedimentation levels. Redrock, Saylorville, and Coralville are ahead of expected levels. Redrock has had two normal pool level increases since opening to accommodate siltation.
- Rathbun Lake water quality allows use as both a source of drinking water by RRWA and as a primary fish hatchery by the IDNR.
- The Rathbun Land and Water Alliance has had a demonstrable impact in efforts to mitigate pollutant discharge into our lake. The effort continues with goals that will further improve our recreational water
- Variation of normal pool to maximum pool for Iowa Corps of Engineers reseviors - Rathbun 22 feet Saylorville 48 feet Coralville 38 feet Redrock 38 feet